We're Engaged!

Thursday, November 21, 2013

You may have noticed a new shiny accessory on my left hand recently. Well, Tyler and I are engaged!! Today marks 3 weeks of being engaged. I am going to share all the wedding planning details on my blog, starting first with the proposal.

------

Tyler and I had been talking about getting engaged for quite some time before he popped the question. I had a feeling it was going to happen before the end of the year, I just didn't know when. The morning of Halloween, Tyler said "We probably won't have many trick or treaters at the town home tonight, so do you want to go out to dinner and then make caramel apples and watch a Halloween movie?" I figured those were our plans and was completely shocked when I got to the town home after work to see the inside of the house all decorated and Tyler down on one knee.



Tyler, with music playing and candles lit, asked me to marry him on Halloween. He said he wanted to catch me completely off guard since I knew it was coming soon. (He was very successful!) He said he didn't want to propose on a weekend because then I would be expecting it, but I would never expect it on Halloween. He was right, too! During the month of October I started to get suspicious about when it would happen. As each weekend approached I wondered if this would be the weekend that we were going to become engaged. Not once did it cross my mind that it could happen during the middle of the week!



After he proposed and we got those diamonds on my hand, Tyler presented to me a Halloween card. The card normally said something like "It would be quite a treat to get scared this Halloween." He crossed it out so it said, "It would be quite a treat to get engaged this Halloween." On the inside of the card was one of the most beautiful letters Tyler has ever given to me.



After we had a glass of wine at home, we went to dinner to celebrate being engaged. The proposal was perfect for us. I had told Tyler awhile back that I wanted our proposal to be something intimate; something over the top with a flash mob was just not my scene. He did an amazing job making it special and just for us two. What makes it even better is that he secretly filmed the whole thing.




We can go back and watch the special moment over and over again. I love that we have it on film. Although, I am particularly embarrassing because of some of the things I say in the video! I was in such a state of shock that he proposed that all I keep saying in the video over and over again is "Oh my gosh! We're engaged!" The emotions didn't come until the next morning when I put the ring on and Train's "Marry Me" came on the radio on the drive to work. (Yes, I pretty much started crying on the drive to work.)



I'm so excited about this new stage of our life and I cannot wait to document wedding planning and wedding festivities on the blog. Follow along here or on Instagram (@ _darcyylynn_) to see us become Mr. & Mrs!

I would love it if you would follow me on GFC or BlogLovin'!


You Might Also Like

60 thoughts

  1. CONGRATS!! That is so exciting!! He did do a good job at throwing you off haha! So happy for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Darc!!! I'm so happy for you and I totally shed a tear over your engagemeng story. D proposed in a very similar way largely due to the fact that I'm a "snoop dog" and have never in my life been suprised. Enjoy every second of being engaged. It's a magical time!

    www.brasshoney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah doll Congratulation you going to make those most beautiful bride. He is a great catch did amazing with the ring its gorgeous.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow congratulations!!! wishing you all the best <3

    http://www.pinkoolaid.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, CONGRATS, darling! Exciting news! :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so romantic. Congratulations! :) Memories are indeed very important so it's wonderful you got it all on tape :) xx

    Maja
    http://modern-muffin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i just LOVE IT SO MUCH!! and i seriously cannot believe it has already been that long, seems like just last week you were calling me to tell me the news!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow darling.... such a lovely time. Enjoy it. And yes love the ring and the pics...
    You will make the most beautiful bride ever....
    http://icynosure.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so sweet! Congrats! I can't wait to watch the wedding planning unfold!
    -ash
    www.thestylizedwannabe.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your engagement! Looking forward to all the fun details, and especially what DRESS you choose. :)

    On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats :D

    The Cutielicious
    http://www.thecutielicious.com
    Fede

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, that is SUCH a sweet proposal. Congratulations!! What an exciting time.
    -Annie
    Major ShenANNIEgans

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!!! You guys are so cute :)

    aclassystateofgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw, you both look so happy! Great story, and congratulations!!
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for following me, just started to follow you on GFC,
    Kisses, Ana
    http://xoxocitygirl.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, I don't know why, I pressed the join button and it said that I was following you, today I was not seeing it and It said I couldn't follow you... but problem solved. Follower number 146 :D hihihi

      Delete
  16. What an adorable story! Congrats girl, you deserve the best!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations. God bless you both.

    Want to follow each other on GFC, Bloglovin, FB or Twitter? Love
    New Post Fashion Talks

    ReplyDelete
  18. woooow!♥ congrats!:) and the first photo is so cute!

    www.lorietta.cz

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations, i wish you all the best! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! This is amazing! I wish you all the best! Congratulations! Thank you for stopping by!

    Come back soon to visit me on The Notebook of a Fashion Lover

    Evi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Darcy! Congrats on your engagement! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog - Im having trouble adding you on GFC... although I'm looking forward to your next post!! <3

    xoxo, Mango ❤
    MangoRabbitRabbit's Blog | Holiday Party Outfit: Little White Dress

    ReplyDelete
  22. ahhh so so awesome and what a fun proposal story. congrats!!
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats!! And what a great proposal story!! Those pumpkins are so adorable!

    Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. yayyyy I have been waiting 3 whole weeks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats, Darcy!! This is amazing! God bless you both! ♥

    http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations!! That is so exciting!! What a cute way to ask you! Can't wait to see your wedding plans! I got married last year so if you have an questions about planning don't hesitate to ask! :)

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is such a perfect story! Congratulations, you two look so good together too! I'm looking forward to reading some of the wedding plans! Rachel x

    www.pillarbox-post.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats! That's so exciting! Caleb and I got engaged last October and he secretly filmed the proposal, too! Sneaky, sneaky boys.

    Joliene
    Young SF Lady

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats! Marriage is a wonderful thing :)
    Jessica
    the way to my Hart

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely pics! I'm lovin' them! Thanks for your sharing!


    http://www.aekk.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congrats dear on your engagement! Your ring looks so pretty!
    xx Easy Outfits, by Pip

    ReplyDelete
  32. Aww yay! Congratulations on the engagement! Always exciting news :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awww how cute and CREATIVE!!! Props to your future hubby! Congratulations hun can't wait to follow along your wedding planning ideas!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh yay!!! This is such a cute story and made me so happy to read :)

    I've never heard of a proposal story like this one, and love Tyler's rationale behind it all.

    xoxo Jackie
    SomethingAboutThat

    ReplyDelete
  35. Awww! I had goosebumps as I read this! So very original and sweet! Congratulations!!!
    -Carylee
    morepom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. congratulations :D:D
    x
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi sweetie! Would you like to follow each other on gfc, bloglovin and social networks? Folow me and i will follow back inmediately. Kisses+
    http://crazyheelsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. awww thats soo cute! congratulations Darcy...may you always stay happy and blessed :)xx

    Sadia Malik's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  39. Congratulations!

    Would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin '? Let me know :)

    Have a nice weekend!
    vgolove1.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
  40. Congrats :)
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC?

    ReplyDelete
  41. Congratulations! This is such a beautiful story.
    Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog, I really appreciate that!
    I followed you on GFC :)

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  42. Very romantic proposal. And it was a really good idea to film it :)
    Congratulations!

    mykindofjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. you are so cute :D I was wondering if you would like to follow me on gfc and bloglovin… I will surely follow you back…. Let me know! :D
    fashion blog miriam stella

    ReplyDelete
  44. Omg!!! I'ts the most adorable proposal I've ever heard about! Congrats!!! Your boyfriend is so romantic!!!!
    Thank you for awesome comment on my blog, have a great weekend!
    http://lavenderloafers.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Congrats to both of you! You guys look adorable together. Perhaps you'd like to exchange follows? Best, CD. ican'taffordmylifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  46. woot woot! so happy for you! your ring is beeeeuutiful!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Congratulations!!!
    Wishing you all the best!
    x
    Stella from a A Shiny Place

    ReplyDelete
  48. CONGRATS! Such an exciting time for you, I can't wait to hear all the wedding details! Your ring is gorgeous and so was that proposal. I hope you post the video on here sometime!

    Angi@ cantbuymelovvve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Ahh I can't believe I'm just seeing this now! Congratulations!! I"m so happy for you guys!! That's so exciting! And your ring is beautiful!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  50. awww so sweet engagement, im happy for both of you!! cant wait to see all the planning and the wedding itself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Ahhh this is so cute! Congrats my dear. I was literally smiling while reading this.... this is why I shouldn't read blogs at work. Hehe shh ;)
    http://nineandfivefashion.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  52. Such a cute proposal! And congrats! Wedding planning is such a fun and stressful tume, but when I look back on it, I have all fond memories. You forget the times you just want to scream at the top of your lungs and call the whole thing off! (Just the huge ridiculous wedding, not the marriage itself) But now that it's over I am SO relieved! It feels so good to never have to worry about a DJ, or photographer, or centerpieces again! But enjoy every moment because it's truly a blessed time! :)

    -Marcy
    mybudgetfriendlyfashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Congratulations! This made my eyes water! Stay blessed! <3

    ReplyDelete

Please note that if you choose to comment with your Google Account your name and email will be stored.